Thursday, April 21, 2016

James Cullen Bressack Star Horror Director speaks with Deadly Horror

1. You have a family back round in film from what i've read in other reviews but who as a horror director do you think influences your filmmaking the most?
I've always been a huge fan of the works of Takashi Miike, Wes Craven, Frank Henenlotter, and Eli Roth. But I'm really just a horror fan in general and am inspired by so much of what I see. My love of horror films was one of my greatest influence in creating them. I have a DVD collection that is predominantly horror. I use to seek out films no one I knew had see to find the real horror gems. 

2. You have come a long way in a short period of time, do you want to continue in horror or is horror just your doorway into other genres eventually?
I will always love horror and want to work in horror but that doesn't mean I don't want to at some point explore other genres as well. I like to tell stories and am interested in seeing what story opportunities I will have.

3. I can see you doing something for a major studio someday, do you think you will ever get to direct something like a Friday the 13th?
I mean that would be great, but who knows. I would love it but as of yet nothing like that has been offered to me. I do love slasher films though and would love to see a resurgence of them sometime soon.
4. Tell us about your latest releases whats new with James C Bressack what's on the horizon?
My next film as a director that's coming out is BETHANY and I am very very excited about it. It's something very specials and I feel it's the best film I have made yet. It's very scary and different. I also have 2 films I produced coming out soon as well, RESTORATION I also cowrote, directed by Zack Ward, and 2 Jennifer; the horror sequel to my film, To Jennifer, directed by Hunter Johnson. Both are great horror films and I really think people will dig them.

5. What advice would you give struggling filmmakers out there who just want to give up?
I would say that the late Wes Craven told me, "this business is all about perseverance." That really resonated with me because it's true. Sometimes things get hard but it's important to overcome those obstacles and keep moving forward .

6. Ive always been a big fan of your films which one of your films is your personal Favorite?
For sure, Bethany. I can't wait to show it to everyone I really feel it's my best.

6. Anything else you want to say to the fans?
Please follow me on Twitter @jamescullenb. Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment