Sunday, May 10, 2015

Friday the 13th 2016- Not a Sequel & Not a Found Footage Film Says Mears.

I Had the wonderful opportunity to meet Derek Mears (Jason Voorhees 2009) this weekend at the Mad Monster Party in Phoenix AZ, here is what he had to say about the new Friday the 13th film Slated for release in May of 2016. I asked if he would play Jason & he could only cross his fingers & say "I Hope so" I think that tells us we don't know who will play Jason yet? He also told me that there was a script for a sequel to the 2009 Film & that it was great but the powers that be decided that the new film will not be a sequel to the 2009 film. When asked if the new film was in fact going to be a found footage film he said NO it is not going to be a found footage film. All this being said I hope he is right, the fans have spoken & nobody want's to see Jason in a found footage film as far as a sequel I wouldn't mind that at all because lets face it another reboot is not what we need & a sequel would bring fourth a new story, They would not be able to remake anything in a 2009 sequel unless they brought back Jarvis which I doubt they would do so I would be all for a sequel. A new Friday film in 2016 I can't wait I just hope we get a new story so we dont have to re live any of the old films ever again, I wanna see Jason move on and keep going into new territories & new story lines that fans can enjoy for years to come, so Im all for anything they decide to do as long as we don't get another re-boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment